Thursday, June 03, 2004

There's music in the air...

Or poetry. I like poem/song things, for novels. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just me. So, here is from the LoLaD novel... (Or, more accurately, something that probably won't be in it)

You’re dead and buried in the grave, it’s true.


Not even my love could save you.


They grave’s a cold comfort they say


But you didn’t come back from it today.


How could you go on without me?


The questions will not cease.


Just tell me how, and I’ll be


At peace - and maybe if souls are real


One of us shall be free to heal.


Free of the ideals, making it all unreal,


And able to call it a good deal.


I’ll don a mask of cheer upon


My face; not wonder if you’ve lost or won


I’ll pretend Life is a race with the end forgone,


That we’re all life pawns, that what’s done is done.


My love withdrawn I’ll solider on - and on.



No comments:

Post a Comment