Monday, August 29, 2005

Writing is...

solitary. And not always the good kind of solitude.
It's just me and the screen, and the white space.
Filled with words I'll edit out or apart or utterly destroy.
I have no way of knowing if this is good, if it works.
I think I end up wasting too much time brooding over it.
It's invaded my dreams, which is a good sign.
I think writer's are prime candidates for serious paranoia.
I wonder if THEY are really out to get me.
Maybe they'll give me a lollipop. Or I will find other ways to procrastinate.
I am not sure anymore. I do know i am doing this because it's fun.
Because I like doing it. Maybe that is rewward enough.
Especially when you've typed a paragraph in an hour.
Which is less words than this silly post.

2 comments:

  1. I am convinced that it is not the fear of death that haunts our sleep so much as the fear that, as far as the world is concerned, we might as well never have lived.
    - Rabbi Harold Kushner

    This is one wonderful quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah :) One of my favourites. Currently, my entire collection is here, minus about 70K. It comes to about 500 pages at present ... I've been collecting quotes for far too long.

    ReplyDelete