Sunday, April 16, 2006

On The Dissolution Of Eternal Bonds

The only regret I hold of a live got far too old
Is that I never told her, never had the courage to say:
Sixty years of marriage, sixty years together
Digging that same old ditch and I never
Told the bitch just how much I hated her each day.

There was so much in life that I have sold away
I fell out of touch with who I was and planned to be
Sixty years of living hell and all I did was smile
Drowning in a deep black well but smilin' all the while.
There's nothing left to tell, nothing you cannot see.

I killed her and I can only claim to be insane
Started when I began to date her as a rule
Was no man who loved and lost like I
I say it true waiting so long for her to die
The song in my heart says I was such a fool.

Should've killed her years ago, left down an open road
I don't have tears and by God I never will
I may go hell for having killed her
But heaven would be hell with her
I am freer than a bird and will die laughing still.

No comments:

Post a Comment