Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Wall

Goddamn animals. I thought this would be a cushy job, like Pappa said. Sit on the wall with the gun sis keeps calling a 'phallic symbol' cuz she went to college. Give her a phallic symbol right upside the head some night, if she doesn't shut up -- calling me a 'war hero' and saying I'm doing my bit to save the country. Gotta wonder what they taught her in her high society schooling that she can make hero sound the same as bastard.

I've had to shoot three so far tonight because they push their dead up onto the wall, let 'em fry and climb on up over them. Bastards. As if we we were German or something, and wouldn't smell burning flesh right under our noses. I like shooting the ones like that, pretending to be smart. One good shot cures that and they're the ones who'd be taking all out good jobs if they snuck over.

But they really have to be be stupid, because they keep on trying. Frankie on tower 6 is thinking about buying pitbulls. Let some over, see if they can fight past the dogs and to our border. We could probably make good money on the side with bets, except they'd scream too loud and attract attention. We'd lose it all in bribes, I bet, but Frankie wants to do it anyway. It might be worth it for a laugh or two.

Christ, now they're sending the girls, as if I'm that desperate that I'd have sex with one of them. I shoot them twice: get it right and it's a deflation, so I get five points (we have a points system, to pass the time). Eventually they're going to test us with girls and boys, like they did further up the lines, but we're men. We know our duty.

And the points system gives shots for the tykes, not just beer.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is a good one. Very disturbing. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It began from people telling me folks in the US were serious about building a wall between the Us and Mexico. And I went: "Eh, they'd have to electrify it for good measure."

    A quick google found out someone had, seriously proposed that, on the basis that it was used to keep livestock out of places. It is sad when you make jokes that someone had tried to seriously suggest, so a story had to be written about the basic idea :)

    ReplyDelete