Monday, October 19, 2009

The silence, it deafens.

So. Been busy, mostly working on the Family Story that was meant to be a pre-nano novella and now shows signs of wanting to keep going and becoming something Big. Naturally. I've no idea how long it will be at present.

Nanowise, the YA will be titled Shadows of Home. The trick will be keeping it YA and maybe doing a follow-up to it, depending on how it goes. After nano, I'm undecided. I have many, many projects from this year I can fix/continue, but the writing-group edited Roadside Attractions at the End of the World is waving at me again. I suspect the second draft will bear almost no resemblance to the first, since I'll be ditching most of the comedic-for-its-sake aspects and making it a far darker story overall. Which means tossing the aliens out the window and having Jesse's GF interact with him. I scratched out a few notes regarding overall goals, and I think the first two chapters will remain roughly the same, event-wise, but a lot of the over the top aspects of the later chapters will be discarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment