Sunday, October 02, 2005

Generic Update

Almost at 70K in the novel so things are going well. I hope to finish this draft (#1) before the 15th of October, so it won't be in the way when I move to Victoria on the 20th. Things are going well, so far. Also going short stories for analog's challenge that make for a nice one-two hour break from the novel every few nights, and planning to wrap up the Mortal City campaign before the move as well. And pack. And see Serenity. And work.

It's going to be busy, but a fun kind of busy.

I probably won't do nanowrimo this year, simply due to move and lack of time in November. I may try it anyway just for a 50K novella but it's 70% likely I won't.

And some goals:

Next year is for editing Higher Ground, Waking the Dead, and Leshy. Then they'll be sent off, somewhere. Probably to Tor to moulder in slush pile hell or something. Will also write one (or possibly 2) novels next year:
1) an untitled Fantasy one about a knight, his apprentice, and honour in a land devoid of kings. It begins with the knight blowing up his home, so should be fun.
2) Through The Wilderness, the third novel in the cycle begun with Waking The Dead and Leshy. It'll be about Jared.

No idea which novel I'll do first. Probably the former just to give the muse a break from the Waking The Dead setting. Also have a short story about Jared to do up before the end of this year, and (finally) my Black Peter story, with luck. Aside from that, no idea what I'll do after those. I hope to return to Hunter and finish it and maybe take a second stab at Socks after. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment