Friday, May 25, 2012

Small progress is small

Slowly but surely progressing on The Book of Going Forth by Night along with The Empty Book. Current word counts are ~18K and 14K, respectively. Hoping to spend a good chunk of the weekend on BOGF alone. Jumping from project to project isn't a bad idea, but when they work in different tenses it becomes a little trickier.

(Effectively, I went to work on BOGF again to finish a scene and had trouble not writing in present tense, which is what TEB is in.)


And, to keep this post from being boring, the latest lines in TEB:
"I screwed up. I didn't die, and now," I lick dry lips, "and now it's hard to see how those reasons made sense."
"So you won't try and kill yourself again."
"No," I say, a little surprised to find it's true.
... which goes to show why I only work on it in short spurts.


No comments:

Post a Comment