Monday, February 02, 2015

Facebook status updates part XXXI (Jan 2015)

Once upon a time, in a kingdom of magical dwarves, enchanted slippers and castles that could cause people to sleep a hundred years, a prince was informed that he could never be a princess.

“They say that if you want peace, you must prepare for war. What if you want war? What do you do then?”
“You tell everyone they are living in the best country in the world. And then you sit back, and you wait.”

What the word needs in 2015: Chat and/or quiz tv shows hosted by Daleks.

We are sometimes more than our hashtags.

"I don’t need the instruction manual for our son, doctor. I just want to find the cheat codes."

Once upon a time, there was a very hungry caterpillar who grew up to become a very hungry butterfly – and that, child, is where the first dragon came from.

I am your terms, you my conditions. We are each other’s privacy statement, and we both accept cookies.

Sometimes I suspect my life is a one-man play where I'm not even the best part.

"I know you wanted a brainbox dear, but the company is sold out so we bought you a breadbox. We can store your brain in that, right? It has its own twitter account and everything."

“I love you,” he said, just when I thought he couldn’t hurt me anymore.

“Don’t you understand yet that hatred is just love with it’s back turned away?”
“It’s not that simple.”
“It is with us.”

"That’s the problem. What if it really is true that toddlers killed more people in this country than terrorists last year?" And we both stared down at the crib and wondered what we had brought into the world.

"I want to be you when I grow up."
"That’s nice, dear, but you should try to be yourself —."
"No, I said I want to be you." And she smiled and held up the scissors. "Mommy said you have way too much skin, Granny, so I’m going to wear some of it now."

You used to be a poem I wanted to write
Before we fell in love; now you’re only prose

'You’ve spent your time counting the stars; I spent it wanting to compare our scars.'
That’s what I told you when really all I wanted was to kiss you until our smiles matched our eyes. - post

Bobby-Joe knew that the Conspiracy was deeper than he’d ever imagined when he realized that everyone else in the organization was really a plant by the Conspiracy.

Pro-tip: when you are giddy with exhaustion and sleeping is just making you even MORE tired, do not explain it to the doctor at the clinic by saying you blame the aliens for abducting you for the past four nights.

After his sister was put in the hospital for being schitzo – the doctors used other terms, that’s the one his mom stuck with when she described her ‘failure’ to friends – William snuck into his father’s wood shop and made fake bluetooth headsets for every crazy person he could find, in the hopes that everyone would think they were talking on a phone and not lock them away.

"Only one in every hundred people is a psychopath, which means the odds are pretty good our children won't turn out like me."

You don’t buy Alpha-Getti anymore, not after it began spelling out awful secrets about your parents. You’re terrified it might reveal yours to you next time.

"The love letter you found in my suit pocket wasn't for you."

You alone know that there hasn't been a human boy born in the last five years.

You are the fire in which I burn.

Six Word Story:
I’d write six words for you.

I love the weird times when you just blank on words.
I wrote 'nest of bees' and spent almost ten seconds trying to recall the right word to use instead of nest :p

Sometimes all that is left are the things we leave behind.

"I'm sorry, but we can't enter into a relationship. I found your writing blog, and I will do many things in my life. But I'm not going to become a poem for you. Never that."

They say that you become the thing you pretend to be. And so I loved you until it worked. I swear it worked.

Do creationists believe the world is only 6000 years old because it means there is less for them to study in history class?

Christians tend to name kids after Jesus (as Joshua, sometimes, depending on country) and after Mary, various saints etc. as protection against evil spirits and so forth, historically.
I wonder if Satanists did the same thing? Luke as short for Lucifer, and so forth.
"Well, we know Beelzebub isn’t a common name, but we were going for classics…"

Today loving you feels like an act of terrorism.

No comments:

Post a Comment