Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I Tried

I tried to tell you about that last time when
It seemed the world was sane and then
It all came tumbling down around me and you.

I tried to tell you that I wasn't sure at all
About where our love ended, the last time you called.
My thoughts are falling down and all I have is you.

I tried to tell you I'm not who I used to be
But I don't know if it's a madness you can see
Can't get up, I've fallen down, but for you

I tried to tell you that you're keeping me whole
But I can feel the collisions vibrating our souls
I've fallen down -- the only thing left that's true

I just can't tell you that I've gone and there's no way back
I can't explain; there's this language that words lack
My thoughts are tumbled down and forgetting you

I used to know you back in that other life I lived
But madness comes and takes and never gives
It all came tumbling down around me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment