Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Story

Tired of paying prices
For these dreams we never had
Out wandering between the sun setting
and the night.

I'm scared to hear your voice
Calling me like it used to
Everyone else has gone away
Followed you to some place.

People who say they saw
Your blood stain the snow
Well, they just don't know
I tried to explain but it's like the rain
I just keep falling, falling yet again.

I can hear you calling
Through air and silence
I can here your voice
Whispering my name.

I want to tell you
But I just can't find the words
The reason that I killed you
Is who you have become.

I know you wan to blame me
You'll never let yourself see
The curse that only I saw
I wish you could see through your pain
The dreams washed out by your rain

It was out of love I spared you
The ghosts after the dawn
Huddled here alone I
Only wish to be warm.

Hoping for a newer world
I recite the oldest prayers
Hoping for another chance
I rise to meet your stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment