Thursday, September 13, 2012

Falling Into Another


The first word I pronounced was -- your name.
So frail a thing, seemingly too simple
To bridge the gaps it does, the loneliness.
I needed you as a friend, each smile warming me;
A welcome I have done so little to deserve.
I could pull myself together and say I love you
But those words are too easy to say
And mean too much to be said so casually.
In order to be able to fall into love
You must believe you are worth being loved.
I only know that I care for you
So much that it frightens me sometimes.
If love is willing to surrender to you, I am.
If love is finding someone who needs you
As much as you need them, I can.
If love means just being friends, I will.
I only know that every moment I spend alone
I wish I could share with you.
I only know that if this is what love is
I wish I’d met you long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment