Monday, November 28, 2005

The Rest of Nanowrimo.... and the future

Will be posted, soon. The ending was poorly done, because the novel I am working on now (Through The Wilderness), was in planning stages and then put on hold to do nano since I wanted a break from the world. Uofortunately the first 30 pages or so wrote themselves in my head amd wouldn't go away so I wrapped up the nano at a silly speed in order to work on current novel. Sometime next year, after I stop thinking the nano sucks, I will likely to back and finish it properly.

For the next year, plans are as follows:
  • Do a poem a day each day. (Some will be done ahead of time, especially in February since I'll be moving and without the net for a period of time.)
  • Do Through The Wilderness, the third novel in what is now going to be called the Shuck Cycle.
  • Edit Waking The Dead in January and send it off to beta readers, on sffmuse and other places. If you want to be one, leave a comment here.
  • Write my at yet untitled fantasy novel about a knight, a squire, honour, and other such things.
  • Begin editing Higher Ground, my 2004 nanowrimo.
  • Send Waking The Dead off to publishers in the hopes someone might like it.
  • Begin plotting out the untitled fourth volume in the Shuck Cycle, about Faerie, football, and one man's very strange evening.
  • Begin plotting out my vampire novel.
  • So a very silly nanowrimo next year, being 10 minutes in someones life and filled with purple prose and silliness. Just for the sheer amusement value.
And that is my plan for the year, writing wise. It's big, it's grand, it's ambitious, but I know I'll get the first 3 points done. Depending on how well the rest of it goes I may or may not begin the next two novels before 2007. After they're done, I wil probably go back to a novel begun in 2003 and take a stab at it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment