Monday, November 21, 2005

Sample Poems

Since some people wouldn't follow the xanga link, and (if they did) would mostly get some very silly things, like this or this as examples of my work, I decied to post a few quick poems today that were written on the 15th of November.

Leda

Sometimes, when starlight
kisses my face, or a zephyr
brings your sweet nothings to me
I wonder who you really are:
the swan, with an embrace so
soft I once fell asleep in your arms
or the Man who came later
throned in his Godhood that I remember
during storms, not for their rain, but -
sometimes - the rain reminds me,
a little, of my tears.

The thunder is the eggs that
hatched our fair children,
our dioscuri, while I screamed
and you were not here,
but remote and distant as
the sky, haunting not this world,
thinking everything was all right
and pleased to be their father
while my husband stared
stone-faced, and swore
the next ones would be his.


Trash

There is a trash compactor in my brain
And tho this image strikes you as lame
it is true - it squeezes, compacts, crushes,
Crunches, moulds, reflects and refracts.
In me this nightmare machine groans
Trying to compress ideas into poems.


And Sometimes (A fragment)

And sometimes even dreams
Fall asunder at the seams
And sometimes even love
Is not cause enough for loss.
Some roads don’t have signposts,
Some signposts don’t have roads,
Sometimes all we see are ghosts
Of the loves we’ve held and lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment