Sunday, March 26, 2006

Springtime

Spring is coming, and winter is gone,
And we don't know where - it's been so long.
Half the time the sky is grey anyway,
And the rain falls down and some people say
They miss the snow, and the cold, and the memories
And the ice and the slush, if you please - Oh!
I know it's so, what some people say of the snow
And it's easy to miss things once they're gone; you know
I miss you still even if winters done and there a thaw:
somehow the hurt just goes away, as if there's some kind of law
That says no hurting is here to stay, but it can't be wrong
I still think inside, in my place of hope, that we always belong
But I'm not strong enough, not man enough, to resist the changes
The seasons move and spring following winter and we're strangers
Now, to each other, and sometimes when I watch the dawn
Alone I wonder softly where the winter is and why it's gone
So far away; and then there's tears and a kind of wondering
And in the spring smells I think I know what summer just might bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment