Monday, March 06, 2006

The War

We have fought in the war for generations
Upon generations, years piled on years,
And there is no end in sight, no end.

Every day we waken to new weapons deployed.
To new terrors awaiting us; subliminal messages
In out text mail, our e-mail, our TV shows.

They do not know when to stop, and the war was lost
Long ago, when it barely began, because people were fools,
Yea, and made it profitable for the spammers.

We want to fight back, now, but they are everywhere
They have subsumed everything, destroyed everyone,
Turned us into click monkeys and ad readers.

We are no longer people, now, even to the legit sites.
We are sources of revenue, to follow a trail of bytes to the ads.
I fear for what will come next. I fear for us all.

I asked God to help us, in a prayer, and got back a reply:
"Become a Jew now! 6 easy payments of 299.99 to be Chosen!"
I laughed, and I cried, and I - I - I - I signed up. I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment