Monday, November 23, 2009

And an update...

Managed to hit the 25K by Sunday night goal with an hour to spare. Kept going enough to pull off 10,400 words and beat my dad one record of 10,200 and change. Right hand is pretty sore this morning, but I did do almost 19K in 2 days so that's to be expected. (It's frustrating, since before the incident at work involving glass, a window, tendons and so forth I had never had any problems whatsoever with typing.) Now, I think that doing more than 3 nanos (Or, say, 150K itself) in a month isn't physically possible for this hand, even if I could pull it off.

Interestingly, I probably could manage it with the right story if I really wanted to. I wrote barely 100 words and change one day (didn't even bother to update word count) and had a couple of 2K and some weak 3K days. I think next years goal will be a 100k+ single novel, rather than the smaller nanoes and 70K stuff I normally do. Not sure what I'll write, yet, but some of us have been bandying about the idea of a group taking the same basic premise and seeing where everyone goes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment