Sunday, November 29, 2009

Summing Up

Nanowrimo went rather well, all told. Had four 10K+ days (the last almost 11K), average pace ended up at 6,000 words per day, which is decent. Had two 2K days and six 3K days on the low end. Nano #3 is also the first time I've ever gone: "Okay, I need X words by this day, Y by this day ..." and so on. I'm pretty pleased I managed to finish it with a few days to spare and didn't stress myself over it.

For next year, I'd like to do two 70-80K novel drafts, I think. I have no idea what yet, of course, and probably won't until, say, October.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of nanowrimo, but never participated. Did you find it helpful? Useful? Worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done it for 7 years now. I personally found it great fun - originally for just proving to myself I could write a novel in that timeframe, and in years since more experimenting with other genres or just to get story ideas out my my head and onto a page.

    Definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete