Thursday, January 08, 2015

Mental catch-up

Sometimes the brain just needs a break. I've been meaning to do the second-half of a novel (well, really two novellas) but will probably give my brain until closer to Feb. to drop back into that. Finishing up a nicely dark story about screwed-up magic this weekend (I hope); I know how it ends, just working on the beats leading up to it. After that it's a couple of story ideas for the magician series and there's something odd niggling at the back of my head involving a comment that was made to be in HS and my going "what if?" on it.

Also occupying myself by reading a fiction series I'm not really enjoying thus far -- there are over seven books in it, so obviously others do. Using it as an interesting example in how NOT to world-build, for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment