Friday, December 16, 2005

December 13th Poems, Part 3

I would kill you but I am afraid
Of what I may become when the deed is done.
I am afraid I shall not stop,
Entranced by power and pride.
Bereft of a support group,
With only myself to lean on
(i would not draw god into my sins)
I am forced to let you live.
Know, though, that the real monster
Is inside me, waiting.


Unable to explicate
Loss moulded to my fate
I wait and contemplate

Your loss is your own
Under heavy truths
We bow our heads

TheBroken
Signs areOnly real
In the lightOf the drowned moon.

3 comments:

  1. I don't give a damn what you
    do. All I know is that when
    you're done, let me know--I'll move
    the couch back.
    Did you forget that back support strap
    you'd always wear--just because.

    Remember the time
    I held your fate
    between my cheeks
    of cellophane?

    I won your loss--my own
    would be just so--
    I lied to your face.

    The Is Can be
    Seen in Realities
    Lighting the puddled moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Against will
    That flouders in the tide
    Of memories and madness

    I remember, I remember, I remember

    The way you squeezed
    Popping it once, and again,
    Until the noise filled the weorld.

    The / Bubble
    Wrap was / Exquisite and I
    Wish only that / I knew your name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last stanza is crazy great. Oh the bubble wrap!

    ReplyDelete