Friday, December 02, 2005

Gearing Up for January, Poem #5

The Rain
(December 2005)
Josh MacLeod

We lay sleeping in the rain,
The sky the colour of the end of a matchstick
Smoking signals no one can now decipher.
Cipher, you hold me, but not too fast,
Saying: words, but I am not sure those you say
The words you utter, are the ones
I am hearing, and the rain
Obscures your voice.
Thunder drowns out my questions
The only answers found in flesh
As we create a new language
Using old tongues, and write it
In the contours of flesh
And I wonder at the words you say
And to whom you are saying them.
“I love you,” you are saying
But it is only to a dream and no one real.
And I am waiting for you
Waiting to awaken, to wake up, to -
To touch me, and make a warmth
To pierce the rain, and as One
We will be together, untouched by the storm,
No longer sleeping
No longer cold
No longer alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment