Friday, December 30, 2005

December 30th Poems

Unjustifiable actions are always supported by reasons:
The way you scream me into silence each night,
How you leave me without warmth in the darkest of seasons.
You say I am your friend yet you always curse and yell.
I warned you about the stranger on your land, and
You told me to stop barking or I’d wake someone.
Please, I think I am not understanding something vital;
Like a bone buried too deep to dig at, I do not understand.
I do not understand. I wonder why.



Service Appointment

The car company sent a letter
Telling me just what was the matter
With my car. Inspections of filter
And oil and brakes for her.
After all of that, I must confess
It sounded like she was a wee bit messed.
But then they added an inspection
For something odd to be detectin’.
They want to inspect “peace of mind”.
I’ll be amazed if any they find.

[The latter poem actually came out of a letter regarding a service appointment for my mom's car that included oil, filters, brakes, and a "peace of mind inspection". Youse uses whatever inspiration youse finds ...]

No comments:

Post a Comment