Friday, December 23, 2005

I’m waiting, listening for a sound.
I’m lost only if I don’t want to be found.
And I tried to say I loved you
But words don’t mean it’s true.
I feel like a caged songbird
Full of music but no words
There’s so much I have to say
I should have begun yesterday.

But now that we’re here
The words won’t come
If only all our fears
Could come undone

Like a monster in a cage
I feel like I’m on a stage
We’re both trapped by darkness
And private, lonely madness.
Only the echo of the song
Keeps going on and on,
Left with just a memory
Of what we used to be.

And now that we’re here
With throats stricken dumb
My eyes won’t shed your tears
And we’ve both come undone.




pedestrian poetry     scrawl
of graffiti upon
bricked walls     memories
in spray paint screams
longing for permanency

empty eyes watch
walls painted over white
legacies vandalized from
the world     messages
undeciphered     but
no one every says
a single word.

No comments:

Post a Comment