Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gearing Up for January, Poem #7

Wanting, and wings
(December 2005)
Josh MacLeod

I want to be with you ‘til the end of time
When the stars line up in their ancient lines
Ashes falling from the corner of our eyes
No disguises, no reprisals, nothing to call.
The wind is in your face
The light is in your hair
In this strange place
I find I do not care
But I’m still waiting for some kind of sign.

Something to tell me about the road we’re on
If it ends and where we’ve gone
Coz I’m walking down a road of my own making
To a castle in the sky and breaking it
With my fears
That have no end
And your tears
That never mend
Because one day your heart just came undone.

And we’re both waiting for a better tomorrow
I wish my fears could be drowned in your sorrow
And your tears could be turned into a fine wine
To let the whole of Creation know you are mine.
The road has an end
As does everything,
Tender time will mend
your heart -- angel wings
Will envelop us and eternity be ours to borrow.



Everyone Knows
(December 2005)
Josh MacLeod

Everyone knows what
long sleeves in the summer mean,
coats that are worn over skin
to stand alone swishing in the heat.

Everyone understands
that the wide eyes are silent,
and the secrets inside
are never spoken even if you limp

It’s a stone, or a mistake,
and never wad deliberate,
hunger desperate yearning
telling you the other side is greener.

the mask over your face
is a hated thing, but you bear it
and no one ever says
a thing, thinking it is for your protection.

The mosquitos buzz, the mask
holds back flies, and they just see
a horse in a paddock, wearing
a blanket to ward off the rain,
never wondering at your secret shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment