Thursday, January 19, 2006

Two poems, because the first sucks.

Love In Slow Motion

I've got nothing left to live for,
Nothing left to save.
I thought I gave it all I had
But you always wanted more.

Halfway mad, and a little sane
I'm scared of playing games
And forgetting your name and mine
As a drunken bridge rots my brain.

Love is a light that always shines
In places dark and strange
But I'd exchange it just for
Knowing this is the last time.


The Gathering

After the storm, we gathered up our dead.
The changed shambled, nightmare shapes
'tween life and death, eyes dull or too wide.
The sky bled lightning, casting shadows
On the shattered earth and broken stones.
A few wept, the rest stared up - dead eyes
Empty, letting the storm weep for them,
Voices cursing magic and magicians
By rote; The dead bodies left to lie.
Waiting for magic fire to come down
Once one of them remembered
Men existed so far below the brightness
Of their towers and their just wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment