Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Two poems, titles taken from sffmuse chat

Gone Without A Trampoline

Gone without a trampoline
Sprung off into space
I'm waiting for a landing
Trying to find my place.

I left my trampoline behind
To reach and touch the sky
And if I fall, then I'll go splat
And no one wonder why.

I've flying into the great unknown
To see whatever I can see
A trampoline would weigh be down
I want only to be free.

If I should fall back to the earth
To crash into the ground
I don't expect to bounce back up
But, maybe, make a sound.


Beans

Mom made beans for dinner, you know I ate 'em all
And the inquisition came a'calling
And chained to me the wall.

All I did was fart in church and everybody laughed
I thought it was just a gaff
Until they said they'd tear me in half.

Now I'm dying in the tower, my soul condemned to Hell
This my final hour, that my final yell
But them beans sure tasted mighty swell.

[Spur of the moment poems can be fun; the first was someone's line in a conversation "Gone without a trampoline". The second was a suggested first line for a poem that I ran with to make a silly little one.]

No comments:

Post a Comment