Saturday, May 13, 2006

6 p.m. Thoughts

I just thought I'd come here.
To break the silence, you know?
To tell people the truth, to unveil the lies, to make
a better world.
But there's only so much we can do.
Only so much love we can hold.
Only so hard we can push, before
we're just pushing on doors instead of people.
Karma makes the world go round.
There is no Karma Sutra for the positions
taken by people after tear gas tears.
There is no much silence that I am afraid
to break it apart with stumbling word
groping into the dark to a future half imagined.
Catharsis is pain that has to happen, bleeding
disenfranchised dreams down to the freedom below us.
I sometimes thing we're not half as afraid
as we should be.
I am afraid to turn on my TV every night.
I know they're controlling out thoughts with it.
Not in a UFO sense. Or a horror movie sense.
Just because they control what we see, and why, and when.
Because their words are another kind of silence
and never seem to mean anything real.
I'm terrified that I already live in the better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment