Saturday, May 27, 2006

A repost

From here, just to help spread the word... even though no one reads this blog.

So I'm annoyed with AW being shut down. More annoyed than I realized, apparently. Scammers make me cranky. People who yell and beat their chests and throw tantrums to get what they want make me cranky. Losing valuable resources, even for a day or two, makes me cranky. Ms. Bauer's efforts have hit that lovely little triangle at the intersection of Jim's Venn Diagram of Crankiness.

So anyway, I was noticing that when you Google Barbara Bauer, the third link is the AW reposting of Writer Beware's Top 20 Worst agents.

I've also noticed that Google page ranking depends a lot on the number of links which use that particular text.

So, for example, if I were to link Barbara Bauer to the SFWA posting of the Writer Beware Top 20 list, that would cause a slight increase in the SFWA page's rank as a search result for Ms. Bauer.

Better still, the more people who include:

<a href="http://www.sfwa.org/beware/twentyworst.html">Barbara Bauer</a>

on their journals and web pages, the higher that page will move in the results, until theoretically, that might become the very first Google result.

It's just a thought. But a thought I felt should be shared. Feel free to copy and repost or link back to this entry if you feel the same.


ETA
Technorati Tag:

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this will cheer you up:

    http://p-n-elrod.livejournal.com/12120.html

    Found your blog via the Bauer tag. Glad to see so many people getting on board with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got here from the Technorati tag as well. Thanks for adding your voice.

    Dawno, AW Blogging Forum Moderator.

    ReplyDelete