Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Future Vision

I was wandering through a nightmare
Of a time that had not come.
There were voices all around me
Striking me deaf, making me dumb.

I stared at the life that would be mine,
At children and a kitchen sink
Of dirty dishes and no time to think.
The baby had my diploma as a diaper
And in that moment, God I hated her,
And her happy life on her knees
And every kind of grand design.

So I ran away without a care,
Left my old life behind me undone,
Left Joe for a girl named Debbie.
No now there's no children screaming
In my dreams, just the living of a lie.

Sometimes I see someone when I look into the mirror
Sometimes I just stare and wait, heat knotted up in fear

Something tells me I'm still dreaming, and
Inside my head I'm the only one screaming
Looking desperate to the future to burn
The bridges to another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment