Friday, September 29, 2006

Canada

Canada I've given you little got a little in return.
Canada the dollar bill gone 1989.
Sometimes I mind things.
Canada when will we end the u war?
Go drop a language bomb
Je ne me sens pas que bon ne me tracassez pas.
I can write this in a Right-thinking country.
Canada were you ever really good government?
Did you every take off our clothes?
Did you carry frostbite to your graves?
When will you be worthy of your 200 FLQ?
Canada why are your libraries full of books?
Canada will you send your regrets to Rwanda?
I'm burdening your free health care with my sickness.
When can I again buy Mello Yello with my looks?
Canada after all it is you and I who compromise nothing else.
Your smugness is too much for me.
You made me want to be American.
There must be ways to settle this compromise.
Someone famous is somewhere in Canada being famous is sinister.
Are you trying to be famous or is this some type of joke?
I've a finger am trying to point.
I refuse to give up my TV.
Canada stop pushing I know I am staying.
Canada the golden apples are falling.
I haven't read the newspaper for weeks, everyday nothing
happens.
Canada I feel sentimental about toonies.
Canada I used to despise you as a kid and I'm not sorry.
I smoke to cripple the health system every chance I get.
I sit in my office for days and stare at my screen saver.
There used to be a Chinatown but the racists tore it down.
I think there used to be troubles.
You should see people reading in Little Sister's.
My psychoanalyst thinks we're both completely normal.
I never said the Lord's Prayer in school.
I don't have time for mystic visions or cosmic cookie cutters.
Canada I still haven't told you how you turned away
your crimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment