Sunday, September 17, 2006

Quiet Destroyer 34.06

Government grants and forged loans:
These alone do not a villain make.
Captain Flux does not create his foes,
But I believe he funds them, trying to
Justify his existence one panel at a time.

But he is not the reason I fail.
The reason is simpler: I hire people
To do things, the capitalist way,
Following the Dollar, obeying my will.
But they always, ever fail me.

My henchmen are morons.
It is my fault, I know, for hiring
University graduates, but even so:
If they are a cream, of any crop,
Why wonder that I wish to rule this world?

They NEED Captain Flux, need a hero
Of platitudes and saccarine sayings who
Never offends them, never changes them,
Never asks them to be more
Than they are: he is their religion.

So, to fight him, I have only his creations.
The modern man: gormless, unable
To save himself, expecting salvation
From Flux: doorstops of the revolution.
But I will turn them into his destroyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment