Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Odd Little Thing

They said there was a way to Heaven,
I just had to turn and walk away.
They said there was a way to Hell
I just had to keep on going
Keep on living keep on loving
Pretending this life wasn't just for show

Don't you know that no one can tell you
They can tell you all about Hell
How it isn't swell and full of fire and sin
But when it comes to heaven, they tell you
Nothing at all, not a single thing
Except that you get wings.

I swore to them I was living
For more than wings or a prayer
I said if God loved us heaven was a given
So I kept on going, on dreaming,
On living, on loving, on sinning
And I got in the gates anyway.

Don't you know no one will tell you
They won't tell you about Heaven
Cuz if it's perfect, everything you've been
Wanting, why would you remain down here
In a world of fear and pain, where nothing
Stops you from getting wings
You just clip your life and fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment