Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Boy, a Fox, and an Update.

Closing in on 40K, to my surprise. The plot is finally reaching the second/third act. I suspect at least half of what I have written so far will be deleted in the next draft to pare down dialogue and trim unnecessary scenes from the story and one plot thread will be removed entirely as it doesn't fit the story.

On the plus side, Boy now has a mission to find a rogue Baron and is even getting paid to do it. He's being used, naturally, but he does know he's being used -- even if not why -- so I guess that counts for something. I have no idea HOW Boy is going to go about finding the missing Baron but I suspect the end story will be a damn sight longer than 80K at this rate.

Fun bit from tonight's writing:

"What do you know of wizards?"
"I don't think wizards exist where I come from."
"And witches?" Enzo asked.
"I'm not sure. I get echoes of memories sometimes, like reading a line of a book without knowing the title or anything else about the book. I don't think witches were real where I'm from but we also burned them alive."

No comments:

Post a Comment