Thursday, June 21, 2012

In which my brain refuses to leave me alone

Way back at the start of June I began Bird & Jester, intended to be a YA story about two twins born to different parents dealing with a renegade member of their own family, fairies, and sasquatches living in a trailer park. Unfortunately, the MCs voice just never came together properly and the project died on the page. It happens.

Unfortunately earlier this week my brain began revising the setting, altering characters, shoving their ages up a decade and giving thought to using 2-3 POVs for the story instead. The vague plot running through my head in involves a town's Christmas In July idea gone horribly wrong and will also involve using a character from a short story begun at least 10 years ago and never finished. 

Naturally, the entire thing needs a  new title -- not that I much liked the Bird/Jester one anyway -- so I shall have to work on that and figure out how much of the setting and my notes I can salvage from the last iteration of the matrix. 

2 comments:

  1. You always have the best titles :)

    And personally, I really like Bird & Jester (I'm assuming it's the nicknames of the twins?)

    ...just the name makes me want to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was initially; I could keep it as it would be bitterly ironic in this version ...

    ReplyDelete