Friday, August 11, 2006

Updates,,,

The fourth volume of the Shuck Cycle was finished, though it ended up a novella and not a novel. The main premise of it had turned out to be too close to my 2004 nano and it just petered out and I had to force the ending, rather brutally. I suspect that I may do a novel about Dan someday, and use The Long Way Home as a giant character bio instead.

The novel did stress a few things: I can't do the same world easily often. I need to branch out more, probably because there are too many other ideas jostling around in my head and begging to be written. And so, I am going to write a YA trilogy next. Partially because I once decided to never do a series. This one is even going to have chapters in it, for the love of all that's holy.

The basic premise is that three teens end up fighting a secret war against alien invasion. The novel is largely about how they deal with that, how their community deals with them and the very human cost of wars. The rough outline in my head at present leans towards a tragedy borne from redemption, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment